About Common To Moms
There are many common life experiences we share as women, and sometimes life is less than glorious. That’s when we need a little inspiration to get us through the day. Welcome to Common to Moms, where we find motivation for meaningful living on our every-day journey as women, wives and mothers.
Monday, August 22, 2011
Playroom: Idea Stage
This is my first attempt at making an inspiration board, so if it looks a little amateur-ish... well, that's because it is. :)
Here is the break down of what you see pictured.
1. This fitted sheet from Target in "menagerie" served as inspiration for the room. The animals are too cute, and I loved the fact that it is gender neutral.
2. After lots of looking at paint colors and ideas on line, I think I have finally decided on orange stripes to go around the room. I also have this idea that if the play room ever needs to be Melody's bedroom or a shared girls rooms, then I will re-paint the orange stripes to be lavender. Along with the orange stripes there will be accents of blue, green and brown (as found in my inspiration sheet).
3. These are my ideas for an art corner in the room. A little table and chairs, some kind of chalk board (possibly painted on the wall or made out of a mirror) and a clever way to hang art work.
4. I found a wooden rocking horse a lot like this one at Goodwill a few months ago for $5.00!
5. This animal print goes perfectly with my jungle room themed play room!
6. DIY pillow mattress and round pillows would make great kid seating in a reading nook.
7. How cute is this DIY crayon art? Here is a tutorial about how to make it.
8. A changing table is a necessity with so many diapers to change! (Twice a week I keep 4 kids at my house- 3 of which are in diapers.)
Right now everything about having a playroom is in the idea stage since the future playroom is currently a guest room. And there are still lots of details to work out before I can begin work on this project. However, I will be sure to share the progress with you as I go along!
So what about you? Is there a room in your house you are just dying to make over?
There are a few in my house I can't wait to get my hands on. :)