About Common To Moms

There are many common life experiences we share as women, and sometimes life is less than glorious. That’s when we need a little inspiration to get us through the day. Welcome to Common to Moms, where we find motivation for meaningful living on our every-day journey as women, wives and mothers.

Friday, February 17, 2012

It's a Woman's Prerogative...

to change her mind... right?

The past couple of nights I have laid awake unable to fall asleep and among the countless ideas, problems and items to put on a to-do list that roam through my mind while I lay in bed, I keep coming back to the topic of the curtains in our living room.

I haven't received the swatches of dupioni silk that I ordered from The Online Fabric Store yet, and I just can't stop wondering if the whole stripes thing is going to work in our living room... or the orange thing for a matter of fact... or the fact that dupioni silk is $18/yd. I'm also worried that the silk is going to look too formal against the rest of our very not formal furnishings.

And then there is this very laid back, fun fabric that takes me back to thinking about my college days that is on sale at Jo-Ann's Fabric. A linen blend... $5.19/yd and I have a 10% off coupon for President's Day week-end. And I think it would blend right in with a new color scheme for our living room. I think it would feel fun, light-hearted and finished. Looking at this fabric just makes me smile!

Doesn't it make you smile?? I'm not sure what my husband will think about a floral print, but our living room is in desperate need of a print anyway... I also wonder what he would say if I wound up not liking them in the space. Would he be okay with giving them to someone else as a gift??? Hmmm.... probably not ;-)

I usually really dislike decorating in red also, but this print is truly making me question that!! I can just see these red floral curtains going up and hanging some punchy black and white photos on our walls, and adding some turquoise, and primary color type accents to liven up our calm light blue walls. Okay, so here is the hard part... Asking for feed back!

I would love to know your opinion about which curtains you like best.

So you don't have to scroll back to the other day's post, here is the picture again of the other option.

And here you can find what my living room (sort of) currently looks like. It is not as dark as it seems in these pictures (they were all taken at night) and of course I would switch out things like throw pillows and possibly even wall-art with the changing of the curtains. That means basically I am starting out with a clean slate again except I am keeping the blue walls.

Side note: I. heart. my. blue. walls. The color is Blue Persuasion by Olympic Paint. It is the happiest any paint color has ever made me. With the exception of maybe my daughter's nursery. Which is Tranquility by Valspar.

Okay, so lay it on me... Which do you like better? Orange stripes or red floral?

P.S. Can you believe that is how you spell "prerogative"???

Update: I went online to try to buy the red floral fabric from Joann's and I must have waited too long to make a decision. I needed 7 yards of fabric to do the windows in my living room and there were only 3 available. Now I guess I will just wait on the dupioni silk fabric swatches to get here and keep my eye out for more good deals on inspiring fabrics!

2 comments:

  1. I think I like the orange stripes better because I think they're better as curtains. Maybe grab the fabric for couch pillows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Caitlin! I think orange stripes are going to be the way I have to go since there is not enough of the floral fabric. I still love the stripes... can't wait to see the color swatches when they get here... Thanks for weighing in with your opinion! :)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete