About Common To Moms

There are many common life experiences we share as women, and sometimes life is less than glorious. That’s when we need a little inspiration to get us through the day. Welcome to Common to Moms, where we find motivation for meaningful living on our every-day journey as women, wives and mothers.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Giddy About Curtains

Yesterday, I mentioned that the creative part of my brain has come back to the surface after several weeks of a lot of anxiety as foster parents. I had a great time yesterday reading blogs and browsing pinterest. It was wonderful to think and plan and doodle my time away just letting my creative ideas flow without limits.

Today I came back to reality though and looked around some of my rooms that are already "finished" in my house. When I decorated my living room I bought very cheap green curtains that worked, but were definitely not my ultimate favorite choice for curtains. For awhile now, I have had a picture like this one in my head for what I would want curtains to look like in my living room.


For some reason I have it in my head that dupioni silk is the perfect texture for these curtains in my living room. Today I went to a fabric store desperately in search of dupioni silk or similar styles of curtains. I came back with swatches of beautiful fabric (maybe they will be nice pillows one day!), but nothing like the picture in my head.

I searched and searched and finally I have landed on a couple of possible candidates for making striped curtains!

At the online fabric store I found dupioni silk in two colors, honey gold and cream.


Aren't they beautiful?!

I have already ordered my samples so I can tell if the colors work together and work in our living room. I am giddily awaiting their arrival!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE them! I actually am painting navy and white striped curtains now b/c I am too afraid to sew them (even though that is my preference). And painting them is actually a lot harder (and more costly)than it sounded, so I have one stripe painted on one of the panels and the rest is waiting for Joann's to get the fabric paint back in stock to complete the rest. I may have to scrap that project and commission you to sew some for me instead, haha. I can't wait to see them, they're gonna be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicky! And Brittany, I would love to sew curtains for you! :) You know how I love to sew things! :)

    ReplyDelete