About Common To Moms

There are many common life experiences we share as women, and sometimes life is less than glorious. That’s when we need a little inspiration to get us through the day. Welcome to Common to Moms, where we find motivation for meaningful living on our every-day journey as women, wives and mothers.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Habit Update

Here is the habit update for how I'm doing on week #2 of my second round of habit forming. (Was that confusing yet?)

Here's the chart...


Successes:

I did laundry and dishes five days out of seven... whoot whoot for a less chaotic house!

Epic Fails:

Oh bed time, how you haunt me... You are the thorn in my side. I either forget all about you or desperately hate you. Why do I hate going to bed "early"? I have no idea- I just do.

Do you know what else I hate though? Waking up at 7am after not getting enough sleep. It just plain stinks. A little insight to that chart, you see the two days I actually went to bed on time? I was so tired from a week of staying up past 10:30pm that I finally desperately wanted to get some rest.

I should also add that I haven't found as much time to conquer the little loose ends in my life this week. 3 days out of 7 isn't exactly an epic fail, but it isn't great either. It's so easy to get distracted and forget to focus on these things.

Conclusion, with the start of school, foster care training and fall kicking into gear it is much more difficult to focus on changing my habits. But I am not giving up, I will keep on trucking and trying to focus on changing my weaknesses a little at a time.

I am so thankful for you (5?) readers that keep me accountable about doing this. Especially this second time around, I would have thrown in the towel in the midst of all the busyness if I didn't have you guys waiting for these updates. So thank you for taking the time to keep coming back.

Love, Rachel

2 comments:

  1. I am SO with you on the sleep thing!! And it's not like I'm doing anything important around bedtime - I could easily go to bed...but I like to waste time on the internet.
    Maybe the time change coming up will help??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lindsay... OH I forgot about the time change! That might help me, but I wonder how Melody will adjust? I usually try to start moving her bed time a little before the time change so we wind up on the right schedule when it changes! Thanks for mentioning that :)

    ReplyDelete