About Common To Moms

There are many common life experiences we share as women, and sometimes life is less than glorious. That’s when we need a little inspiration to get us through the day. Welcome to Common to Moms, where we find motivation for meaningful living on our every-day journey as women, wives and mothers.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Secret Mommy/Baby Language


Today I was noticing how I know Melody so well. Even though she doesn't say much (she'll say "yeah" to everything and grunt, and that's about it), I still tend to know what she's trying to communicate. When she's upset I can tell exactly what's wrong with her in a way no one else can. When I look back at all the times my parents said to me,"I know exactly what you're going to say to me!" I realize now that they probably did.

This sweet connection we have with our children is one of the reasons that we (mothers) are so irreplaceable in a child's life, especially when they are young. It is hard to find such a naturally close relationship as this elsewhere. I'm not saying I have known Melody this well since birth, but the older she gets, the more we understand each other and the closer we become. What a big responsibility it is to fill this role in a Godly and positive way.

My prayer as a mother at this moment is that I will make the most of this relationship. I pray that as she grows and has a mind of her own, I will choose to love and forgive instead of being angry. That I will guide and nurture as well as have fun. I pray for patience, diligence and energy to play, teach and care for my daughter.

This little girl causes me to have a lot of joy. I love you, Melody!

Do you feel like you have a special understanding with your child? Don't you love it? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment