About Common To Moms

There are many common life experiences we share as women, and sometimes life is less than glorious. That’s when we need a little inspiration to get us through the day. Welcome to Common to Moms, where we find motivation for meaningful living on our every-day journey as women, wives and mothers.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Pillows



How much can a pillow affect your sleep?

Apparently a lot.

For months now, I have woken up every morning feeling as if I have been run over by a bus. Whether I get a little sleep or a lot, it doesn't matter. There is a terrible achiness and a feeling of not really being rested that has hovered over me when I wake up. Although I was trying to do some half-hearted hypothesizing (laying in bed asking the hubby, "What do you think it could be? The mattress? Not enough sleep? the pillows?), I finally went to Target to buy some diapers (we always have a stash of disposables as back up even though we use cloth) and picked up a pillow as well.

Nothing fancy, just a new $10 firm pillow.

I fell asleep so easily.

And I woke up feeling even better.

I am not kidding you, my whole body felt less achey. My neck was still a little sore (it has been really tender for months now), but nothing like it has been and even my legs felt better. Apparently, head support while you sleep can really make a difference.

So here's my question for you: What investment do you need to make in yourself that you have been putting off? A pillow? Mascara? New shoes? Something else entirely??

Looking forward to reading your answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment