Here's the run down of how 4 celebrations occur in an 8 day period in our household:
Happy Anniversary to Common to Moms!
Happy Anniversary to Christian and me! (5 yrs)
Happy Birthday to Melody! (2yrs)
Happy Birthday to me! (28 yrs)
My gift to myself is a broken toe. (A couple of days ago I tripped running toward the 30 year mark... that was a [bad] joke.) I really did break my pinky toe on Monday though... It is surprising how much a broken toe really hurts. As I write this, I am realizing this is also my first broken bone... random!
Even though my birthday was today, I still worked baby-sitting during the day and then taught dance tonight (hobbling around in the studio was more like it, tripping some more and generally looking older than my 28 years).
In spite of working, I tried to take some time to enjoy myself by (get ready for another list again) ...
* making chocolate chip walnut oatmeal cookies with one of the kids while the other little ones napped away. (recipe found here)
* made a banana smoothie for lunch
* made a diet coke ice cream float during kids naps
* getting surprise flowers and Ferraro Rocher candies from my husband after he got home from work.
* reading all the Happy Birthday messages on Facebook
* getting an impromptu Birthday serenade from the girls at the dance studio and lots of phone calls and text messages from friends! (Thank you, friends!)
* choosing books off of amazon to order with birthday money from my parents. (Thanks Mom and Dad!) I think I am buying 8 or so?