About Common To Moms

There are many common life experiences we share as women, and sometimes life is less than glorious. That’s when we need a little inspiration to get us through the day. Welcome to Common to Moms, where we find motivation for meaningful living on our every-day journey as women, wives and mothers.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

More about Birthdays

On Tuesday, I declared that after making a birthday cake for myself, the birthday festivities would be complete... But I mis-spoke. I forgot that Christian and my best friend Kristan made birthday plans for me!

On Thursday this week, I will be getting a manicure, a massage and maybe even a hair cut! While I am out pampering it up, Christian is taking the day off to take care of Melody so I can have some very rejuvenating Rachel-time.

I can't wait!

Speaking of not being able to wait... I am currently expecting some books in the mail that I cannot wait to get my hands on. The birthday money my mom sent me this year went completely toward books. I don't think it would have mattered how much money she (or anyone) gave me, I probably would have spent it ALL on books.

Here's what I'm waiting on getting from Amazon.com and Christian Book Distributors:

No Mom Jeans by Melissa Fiendell

Rocking the Roles: Building a Win-Win Marriage by Robert Lewis

She's Gonna Blow by Julie Ann Barhill

Ashley Stockingdale 3 part series by Kristin Billerbeck

Miserly Moms: Living Well on Less in a Tough Economy by Jonni McCoy

The Art of Making Dances by Doris Humphrey

Absolutely Organized by Debbie Lillard

It's Hard to Make a Difference When you Can't find Your Keys by Marilyn Paul

When I mentioned in this list that I had an affinity for books... I wasn't lying! I request books for holidays, birthdays, any time I can! I guess I owe my love for reading partially to my Aunt Joyce for always giving me books at Christmas and partially to my mother who always tended to escape the reality of three children by keeping her nose stuck in a book. (If you are reading- Love you Mom!)

This will be my last post this week, since I will be enjoying Birthday festivities and then Easter week-end with Christian and Melody. I hope to see you soon though for Common to Moms' new series Inspire Me! Mondays and some (hopefully) money saving tips on grocery shopping next week!

What books have you been reading?

3 comments:

  1. "How to Talk So Your Kids Will Listen & Listen So Your Kids Will Talk" is what I am (trying) to read at the moment! Also "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp I am into a few chapters in that! AND "Raising Your Spirited Child" I love books, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also heard from NUMEROUS moms that Grace-Based Parenting is AMAZING. I hope to get that one next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard a lot about those books lately and have heard they are really good. I can't wait to hear more of your opinions about them too!

      Delete