About Common To Moms

There are many common life experiences we share as women, and sometimes life is less than glorious. That’s when we need a little inspiration to get us through the day. Welcome to Common to Moms, where we find motivation for meaningful living on our every-day journey as women, wives and mothers.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Week 3 of Habit Round 2

So I have to be honest... this second round of habits is kicking my tush. Particularly the going to bed by 10:30pm part.... Here, you can look for yourself...



Successes:

Again, I am doing pretty okay with laundry and dishes. At least I am moving forward most of the time (which is the idea since these are the types of things that always need to be done- they are never truly "complete"). Even the 15 minutes of follow through for 3 days out of 7 I think is pretty good. I am getting a lot of things done, and less and less is hanging over my head. That is a good feeling.

Areas of Confusion:

Going to bed early ... Apparently, this concept simply does not compute. I actually wind up staying up late in order to get some of these other things done! I haven't figured out yet how to accomplish everything while still getting a decent amount of sleep.

Feelings of Determination:

You would think after a week like this (at least with the going to bed part) that I would be super discouraged... but really I'm not... I'm just tired. Really tired. However, I am also determined not to give up. Going to bed late is a habit that is really engrained in me, so it might take longer to conquer, but I won't be tossing in the towel just yet.

Thanks for checking in!

Love, Rachel

P.S. We have been very busy with foster training, work and church the last couple of weeks which explains all the crickets over here. I actually have completed the whole month of this habit so I will (hopefully) have week 4 up in a day or two.... So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment